This is a helmet I made for another Sci Fi Film. I started with a sketch, turned that into a sculpture, molded the sculpt, then cast an aluminum positive vacuuform buck.
The copies were made from 2 shells cut into segments, with the lenses being thermal formed separately in transluscent plastic.
This photo shows one of the steps during the molding process.
Finished mold. Only the front half of the face was needed.
The client wanted these helmets to be textured, so we decided to thermal form them in haircel ABS plastic. This photo shows how 2 shells produce 1 mask.
The first prototpye.
This is the mask as it will appear in the hood.